Wednesday 17 October 2012

Swap with Tattooed Tealady

by Megs
Sophia of Tattooed Tealady and I did a swap that was end of August/beginning of September. And it was awesome. I had so much fun shopping for her, buying Canadian products for her that she may not have had the chance to try otherwise (she is British). I learned that Annabelle is Canadian! I didn’t know that; they are now on my radar as a brand to try. I also learned that Annabelle and Marcelle are sister companies – Marcelle was the skincare side and Annabelle the cosmetic side although Marcelle does have some of its own makeup. In summary, the buying portion of the swap was lots of fun.


And then I got my parcel from Sophia. It was like Christmas! Seriously, there was so much stuff, I did not know where to begin. Taking pictures is not my forte (I find it the most tedious aspect of beauty blogging, to be honest) and this photo of the haul from Sophia is not great. I could have positioned things better. Anyway, here it is.

She sent:
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
Soap & Glory Flake Away
Burt's Bee's lip balm with Pomegranate Oil
Burt's Bees's tinted lip balm
Burt's Bees sample
Burt's Bees sample
MUA eye shadow
MUA mineral eye shadow
MUA lip gloss
MUA lipstick
MUA eyeliner
Dead Sea Spa Magik shampoo & conditioner sample
2 vials of makeup from an Etsy seller
3 sample-sized packs from The Perfect Boutique
nail polish
muslin face cloth
Sanctuary body wash
Sanctuary balth salt scrub
ARK age prepare kit
Montagne Jeuness Chocolate Masque


I immediately used the Dead Sea Spa Hair Magik shampoo and conditioner and loved it. We were going to the pool a lot. It’s my son’s favourite activity – and when you go to the pool with a 3 year old, you have to do the fun stuff like splash and go down the waterslide. Normally I do not like to get my face or hair wet at the pool. Anyway, as gross as my hair felt after the pool water drenched it, this lovely shampoo and conditioner made it feel healthy and soft.

I was especially excited to see the muslin cloth as I have been wanting to try one. They supposedly remove makeup better than just your hands and provide a bit of exfoliation at the same time.

MUA – Makeup Academy! You can’t get this line in North America so I’m pretty happy to have some items. So far I’ve tried the lipstick (red!!!) and the lipgloss. I really like them both.

The little glass vials are from an Etsy seller. They are so cute! I’m saving the ARK set for travel – it’s perfectly sized and compact. Burt’s Bees – an old friend. I haven’t had the chance to try any of the scrubs or the mask or the Soap & Glory items, but I love the look of them. And the nail polish! I have a bit of a nail polish collection building up but shockingly did not previously own a black with multi-coloured glitter!

The swap was fantastic – so fun! I recommend an international swap to everyone! Min and I are in the midst of a couple more. I am swapping with Jenny of The Shopping Queen from Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's an amazing swap :) I can get most of those things in Australia so if you absolutely love something, let me know and I'll get you some extras :)

    ReplyDelete