Tuesday 4 September 2012

boscia


By Megs  I was introduced to boscia on a beauty blog I love, Clumps ofMascara, Brittany reviewed the limited edition Green Tea Blotting Papers, to be exact. The words “paraben-free” caught my eye. I Googled me some boscia. And then I was hooked. I was using another cleanser at the time that irritated my skin. And I do not have sensitive skin, I have the furthest thing from sensitive skin. Insensitive skin? Unsensitive skin? Anti-sensitive skin? I was using a cleanser, toner and serum from the same line and my skin was all “um, no thanks!” So I freaked out and loaded up on bosica products. boscia soothed my fevered brow. Literally. Except it wasn’t fevered, it was more dry and itchy. And it wasn’t my brow, it was my neck. I know; weird, right? I have a sensitive neck? What?

I bought the Purifying Cleansing Gel and Balancing Facial Tonic from Sephora’s site. At $30-ish each, the price was doable – not cheap but not prohibitively expensive. And then I kinda went bananas. Yeah, I did. I bought the serum and the day lotion. My parents were going to Vancouver so I asked them to go to Sephora to pick up the night cream. My mum said it was too expensive and out of my price range, but to be fair, I did ask them to get the Oil-Free Nightly Hydration ($43) and they got the Restorative Night Moisture Cream ($58). I didn’t correct them; I didn’t want to seem ungrateful. So I just agreed with her because yeah, it is outta my price range at $40 or $60. But I only have one face! And I’m gonna have it forever! And my face is my fortune (not really).


My fave boscia item is probably the Restorative Amino-3P Firming Treatment, or serum. It is anti-aging, which is key - at 33 I’m not getting any younger! It is very gentle and smells lovely. I don’t know how to describe it other than to say it’s somewhat delicately fruity. I got it on ebeauty.ca which doesn’t charge shipping on purchases over $50. (And can I just say, ebeauty, can you please, like, advertise? I found you by accident and you’re pretty awesomely making all these beauty products available to Canadians, products that those of us in remote northern locations wouldn’t have access to otherwise! So let’s get the word out there about ebeauty.ca!)

The Restorative Night Moisture Cream is a treat for my skin and a close second fave. My lucky face gets to have this rich cream spread on it nightly. This comes in the coolest little pot-pump. Does that even make sense? It’s a pot that you pump, so yeah. It is a lovely product; it moisturises beautifully, has a gentle, inoffensive scent and just feels like a very decadent product to be putting on my skin.

The Purifying Cleansing Gel is great. True story: I didn’t really like it at first. It didn’t spread well or cleanse well. I felt cheated; annoyed that I wasted my money. Then I read the bottle. It is a dry cleanser! You apply it to your dry face, then wash it off! You don’t rinse with water first! Derp! Now, I love this cleanser, I love that I can slather it on my face, go do something else and come back and rinse it off.

Here’s what I didn’t know about toner: you need it. I read once that if you just do a good enough job of washing your face, you don’t need a toner. So I stopped using it. But I was duped because that’s a big, fat lie. A toner restores the PH balance of your face after you wash it. That’s why I bought the Balancing Facial Tonic. The coolest part? It’s a spray bottle. You spritz it on your face. It’s refreshing, it feels great! Back when I was still using toner it was the old fashioned “apply it with a cotton ball” type. Toners have come so far in the last 5 years!

I don’t feel like I can give an honest review of the Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 and here’s why: I got it on Amazon. When it came it wasn’t sealed and it smells a little “off.” It moisturises fine, I’m just not 100% sure it actually is boscia lotion. Or maybe it is and it’s just really old. boscia doesn’t use parabens, which are preservatives so I guess it’s possible that it has gone off. I also won’t be buying it again because what if this is it? I don’t want a day cream that smells like it has gone bad.

Who among you uses boscia? Do you love it as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment