Friday 7 September 2012

Cliniderm Gentle Face Wash


By Min


I became interested in paraben-free products when I watched Chemerical by Andrew Nisker. The premise of the documentary is that everyday products are causing people to get sick; that these products were filled with carcinogenic chemicals and irritants and that ordinary people like you and I are none the wiser. So I try to live a paraben-free lifestyle. And try to convince my family, friends and anyone who will listen that they should really read the labels of their household and beauty products in an effort to avoid exposing themselves and their loved ones to dangerous chemicals unnecessarily.


Cliniderm products are paraben-free and for “sensitive, allergic reactive or dry skin.” They only have 4 products in their line, all which are free of formaldehyde, parabens, fragrance, dyes, lanolin and proteins.  It has the shortest list of ingredients possible, so I guess that’s a good thing especially for people with problem skin. The Cliniderm Gentle Face Wash, $17, is a colourless, odorless face wash that does not foam.  Although, we are used to foam as a signal that we are being thoroughly cleansed, this foamless face wash proves that’s not the case.  My only wish is that it would available in a pump formula because it tends to pour out of the container (like all of their products that I have tried).  However, it is definitely my go-to when I am sampling and trying out new products and I need to give my face a break.    

No comments:

Post a Comment