Tuesday 18 September 2012

Josie Maran Argan Oil


By Megs
I think…I think I’m in love. It may be a bit premature because we’ve only just met and I don’t want to jump into anything I could regret but…it really doesn’t feel like this is going anywhere but to a place of true love and happiness. Josie Maran’s Argan Oil is so far amazing. It came to my attention awhile ago, for some reason I thought it was good for finger splits (I don’t know where I got that because such info doesn’t exist anywhere, and I know because I’ve searched specifically for it) so I was planning on giving small bottles in xmas stockings to finger-split sufferers I know. Yes, I was planning xmas stocking stuffers in July!

 When I read a bit more about it, it’s good for split ends (which I have, especially in winter because it’s so dry here!) and for moisturising cuticles – and my cuticles, as we know, have had the beats (or picks) from my dermatillomania. Plus it’s basically an all over moisturiser and has natural anti-aging properties. So, I pretty much needed it since everything it does is something I need. Ingredients: 100% pure Argan oil. What? Just one ingredient! I am currently out of night cream and although there are several I want to try, I can hear Min in my head telling me I don’t need to spend that money, and she’s right. She’s so good that way! But I thought, if this Argan Oil is a moisturiser, then why not use it as a night cream? Omg! Seriously, I put it on my face and my skin looked younger! It looked more taut, but not tight; it looked plump and moisturised, all the fine lines around my eyes looked immediately softened and my overall skin tone looked more even. I’m going to keep it as a night moisturiser. I feel like it might not be good under makeup. I don’t necessarily have time in the morning to put it on my face and let it dry completely before continuing with my morning routine.

I haven’t tried this on anything except my face yet but I sure will. I love that it is a multipurpose product and it is something that will always be in my beauty arsenal from now on. A hint about Argan Oil; it is not cheap (I paid $18 usd for the 0.5 oz Josie Maran one) because it is rare and hard to produce. If you find it for a cheap price, it is probably not the real deal. Obviously, Josie Maran is a name brand and you might be able to find one at your local health food store for a more wallet-friendly price. But buyer beware; if it’s too cheap, it’s probably not 100% pure Argan Oil.

Who among you has introduced him or herself to the wonders of Argan Oil? If you haven't yet, you definitely should!

No comments:

Post a Comment