Friday 7 September 2012

smashbox Reflection – High Shine Lip Gloss

By Megs

I have dry lips. Or maybe they’re sensitive. Is that even a thing? I don’t know. I can’t use cheap lip gloss or lipstick or my lips will get chapped. I can’t use chapstick or lip balm or my lips will get chapped. There are very few products that will not dry out my lips and chap them. I live in northern BC. It is dry up here. It’s dry in summer and even drier in winter. When I found Lancome Juicy Tubes, my lips rejoiced. Lancome Juicy Tubes was my no fail, perfect, winner-take-all go-to for my picky lips. $20 a pop is kind of the going rate for a “good” lip product. Even at my brokest broke I was happy to pay it because I knew a tube could last 6 months at least. Always an animal lover, I was shocked to learn that some of my fave (non-beauty) products were tested on animals.

So I hesitantly, reluctantly, sorrowfully Googled Lancome. And those bastards test on animals. And I finished my last 2 Juicy Tubes and said goodbye to them forever. My lips have never forgiven me. I am on the eternal quest to find the cruelty-free equivalent of Juicy Tubes.

The closest I’ve come to date is smashbox’s High Shine Lip Gloss. The texture is similar (that really thick, sticky texture that so many people seem to hate but I love) and how it makes my lips feel compared to Juicy Tubes is thisclose.What’s to love about this gloss that I love? The texture! The thick, sticky texture that keeps it firmly in place on my lips for a long time. The fact that it has no discernible scent or flavor – I’m 33, not 12. I don’t need my lip products to taste or smell like fruit or bubblegum. It comes in a squeeze tube. I love that this gloss is paraben free and smashbox is a cruelty free brand. I love that this gloss has a visible presence on my lips but is not aggressive about it. I actually plan to work on becoming more adventurous in my lip colour choices. Star was perfect for before I was a beauty blogger. Now that I have made the leap to beauty bloggerdom I want to try Firecracker and Watermelon as well as continue my quest for the perfect lip product. This one is good; I recommend it to all who can tolerate the (actually awesome) sticky texture! I will buy more in more colours, as well as a new Star when my current one runs out.

Who out there also appreciates a sticky gloss? I know we're few and far between! What have you found that is close in texture to Juicy Tubes? I would  love to know!

3 comments:

  1. I really like Stila lip gloss but do they test on animals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to PETA, no, Stila does not test on animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up, I wish for to subscribe for this website to get newest updates, therefore where can i do it please help.

    My web page; anti cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete