Tuesday 4 September 2012

Cliniderm Gentle Protective Lotion SPF 45

By Min


  Once upon a time, I had a clear and wonderful complexion.  I never had to wear foundation and I bought the cheapest face wash that was on special. Then, all hell broke loose…on my face. Now I’m marred with rosacea and hyper–sensitive skin. It took awhile for my mind to wrap itself around what was happening and I tried numerous scrubs, facials and even fraxel laser to turn back the clock. Finally, I went to the dermatologist and though she was a tad crazy with Medusa-like hair, she diagnosed the rosacea and gave me a treatment to follow.

Now I wear sunscreen every day; Cliniderm Gentle Protective Lotion SPF 45, ($35 cad) by the makers of NeoStrata, is sold by my dermatologist and pharmacies. (Psst, everyone should wear sunscreen everyday including men and children, pass along this message please!) This particular sunscreen is odourless but has a distinct yellow colouring. Try not to get it on your clothes because it will stain but not permanently. It is also really runny so you have to be careful when opening the tube. I would even open it upside down because it pretty much comes out by itself.  But because it is runny, (like the morning after draft beer) you don’t have to use a lot to get coverage and it lasts a really long time. This sunscreen isn’t greasy which is rare and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Do you have a favorite sunscreen?


No comments:

Post a Comment